Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Bucket List


I made a "Bucket List"! One of the things I always admired and wanted to learn was cake decortating . I always admired my Aunt Jeanette's skills in this area. She owned a bakery and made the most beautiul cakes and cupcakes. I loved the beautiful roses she always made and was awed at the specialty desserts she designed. I am taking a Wilton Cake Decorating Class and I have learned how to make those roses. Now, my roses are not on a par with Aunt Jeanettes and are not nearly as good as my instructors, but I am having fun and getting more familiar with the techniques. With the popularity of television shows like "Ace of Cakes" and such, our class is full. Most of the class want to go into the profession of cake decorating. Hmmmm. I just want to make cupcakes and cakes for the family. Hopefully we won't gain too much weight with all the baked goods around lately.

No comments: