Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sixty Six and Holding!!

Ok - I confess. Today I turned 66 - boy do I feel old. We had a quiet celebration. I told Russ that I thought I should wait till Oct. 23 to celebrate....that will be my 1 year survival anniversary. I think I should start counting from that date from now on. We took a ride to Tarpon Springs and browsed the shops.The economy seems to have hurt the stores in the shopping district of the old Tarpon Sponge Docks. Lots of sales and lots of stores closed or closing. We saw a few shops that had 4-sale signs in them - including the flag store we always liked to browse thru.







This Ultimate Machine was parked next to the docks. I thought it deserved a picture. I would have loved to see who was riding this, but no one seemed to be around that might have been the owners. I'll bet this is a hoot to ride and gets plenty of attention.





Later in the day my Mom, my brother Phil and his wife Sharon came by....with a birthday cake and gifts. It was much appreciated and the cake was CHOCOLATE!! (My favorite - boy do they know me.)

No comments: