Saturday, August 30, 2008

Being Pampered....

So today was another milestone! I got my hair done!! Since I have been thru losing my hair, being bald, wearing caps and wigs and dealing with stubble ... I have eagerly anticipated going to the salon and getting my hair done. Evelyn told me to visit her when my hair was starting to come in, so that she could start training it. I have almost an inch of hair...so I hiked myself to the salon this morning. Ev trimmed and shaped what little I have and it already looks better.
Evelyn and Me

We talked about color and decided to wait awhile, until my hair is stronger. I met an 18 month survivor of breast cancer at the shop...of course we compared treatments, side effects and all....something I guess all women cancer patients tend to do. She was a lovely gal and very positive. I hope to see her again.

Up next...losing 20-30 lbs. (I starting walking this week!) and checking into a new make up routine. When you are wearing a cap and walking slow, you look ill and feel like hell, so you don't care how you look. But, when you start feeling better, it becomes more important and that's how I am feeling now.

No comments: