Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lots of Fun, Murderous Thoughts and Pity Parties!


Let's start with the fun. I met a couple of my Chemo buddies the other day and we had lunch. We compared side effects, the girls prompted me and gave me lots of suggestions for radiation side effects to come, we laughed and giggled about funky hair and had a great time. It's funny how you can feel so close to people you have known for such a short time...I guess it's the common bond of the big C.


The murderous thoughts come from the wonderful insurance companies we deal with. When I found out my copay for radiation...I nearly flipped my wig (A little inside chemo joke guys). Whew...at least I do have pretty good insurance....what happens to those that don't? This is not a subject I want to dwell on at this time.


I had a sad little pity party for myself the other day. We planned to go to see my daughter and my grandchildren over Labor Day...looks like I can't make this trip now. I will still be in Radiation Therapy. We had been looking forward to a trip east...we wanted to see Russ' son and grandson and we had planned such a good time. We actually already have plane reservations....I will have to see what happens when we cancel or reschedule....


This is me...looking like the rigors of Cancer decimated me. Actually...I am quite cute...the wrinkles have been earned, the second, third and fouth chins I believe belong to my grandmother...not sure how I inherited them. Like the hair?? It's baby fine...salt and pepper...and this "cut??" ... the latest in post chemo hairdos. The eyelashes ARE there...just a little sparse....the eyebrows ARE coming back...SO...I am back with a vengence...ready to take life on and live each day to the fullest. I am just so thankful to have come this far...it's easy to laugh about the "crappy" stuff....sometimes that humor makes my day!

No comments: