Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Special Card


I often get greeting cards from friends and relatives and I am so grateful to receive them. Some of the cards are humorous and give me a great lift for the day...some are warm and special and make me feel warm and special. I received a card today that made my heart sing. Many of you know that I have a brother who is Developmentally Disabled and lives in the Hope Group Home in Shady Hills that is managed by The Center for Independence. He is the youngest of us and my brother Phil and I try to stay very active in his life and include him in all our family activities. He is the light of our family and has given more to us than we could ever give to him. Since I have been undergoing the Chemotherapy treatments I have not been able to see Bing as often as I usually do...I know he misses me. Today I received a greeting card from him that he made himself. I wanted to share this with you....it is so special to me and I will treasure it always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Judy,

Ben has always been a very special person and I know how special he is to you and your family. I've seen how he brings laughter and love to your family. This just brought tears to me and hit my heart so deeply. I can understand why this card from Ben means so much to you. Dear friend keep your fight going even when you may feel you've hit your limits, I know you will win this battle. There are many of us who love you dearly.
Love you always,

Phyllis